Mobile nursing service
The mobile nursing service is provided by a registered nurse and a community support worker who will work with patients to identify and address issues that affect their ability to manage their personal health needs. They work alongside other service providers to ensure that patients are receiving appropriate and timely assistance.
During our teams first visit, either in the comfort of a patient’s own home or in our office, they will complete a cultural and clinical assessment to clearly identify what the issues are and how patients can be supported to address these. Our team can also help with enrolment in a GP practice.
Mobile nursing services focus on:
- Follow-up home visits
- Developing a health plan that is realistic and achievable
- Regular health checks (particularly if a patient has diabetes, cholesterol or heart problems)
- Advocating on a patient’s behalf with other service providers involved in their care
- Referral to the most appropriate service providers
- Providing health promotion education clinics for individuals, family and community
Aere Tai locations funded to provide this service
Hamilton - K'aute Pasifika Trust
Tokoroa - South Waikato Pacific Islands Community Services
Tauranga - Pacific Island Community Trust
Gisborne - Pacific Islanders' Community Trust